Monday, July 30, 2007

The thoughts that fill my head...

It just dawned on me that I haven't blogged in quite awhile and there are so many things to write about. WARNING: this blog may come out in a completely random and haphazard manner so this is not for the faint of attention span: you may need prior experience in "Spider Webbing" (a term used by a Christian counselor to describe how women will start on one point, go off on multiple tangents but somehow by the time she is done will have completed all of her thoughts and points) to navigate this blog.

So we have a new addition in the MacLean household. My friend Cait was kicked out of her house recently and my parents took her in. This has been a great cause for concern on my part. How will she adapt to our lifestyle? Will she be able to abide by the rules set out by my parents? Will she be able to accept what has happened and have the maturity to deal with it? Lastly, will I be able to deal with having her around 24/7? I know that last question sounds selfish considering the situation but it is something I worry about- it has taken me 17 years to figure out how to live with my sister and we still have problems occasionally! Will our friendship be able to survive living together? The last time we lived together was in college and that was tough on our friendship- mind you I was her R.A. so that was added strain but still. I also feel for my dad who is now the only male in house with four women! (Maybe he and Alistair can start a support group!)

On a completely separate note- I miss Matt. We were definitely spoiled having apartments right across the hall from each other. We had our boundaries but we were able to see each other whenever we wanted to. I always had someone to watch The Office with and play games with and laugh with and as much as I am enjoying the freedom to hang with my friends I miss him terribly. He only lives about an hour away but having to work around both our busy schedules is not easy.

I went back to the corps last Sunday and it was fantastic. I hadn't realized until I walked through the door how much I had missed it. Being welcomed by the corps members, listening to the band and even babysitting all felt like a piece of my heart that had been missing had finally been put back in place. It's good to be back and I look forward to getting to know the corps all over again.

I am mourning the end of the Harry Potter series. I read the first book ten years ago when it was published so for an entire decade I have had the anticipation of finding out what would happen next to Harry, Ron and Hermione. THe last book was the perfect ending to the series but still- I am sad to see them go. (This is almost as sad as when Friends ended)

No comments: