Sunday, March 04, 2007

Embracing Change

So I finally did it. For Lent this year I decided to give up all of my excuses for letting myself go and being so horribly unhealthy and out of shape- it was definitely time for a change. On Feb 23rd I joined Weight Watchers- having accountability is a beautiful thing. I weighed in again this past Friday and I am down 2.5 pounds! I have so much further to go but I know I can make it. I am determined to be a good steward of this body that God has given me.

I am not doing this to look cute and be able to wear smaller clothes nor am I doing this because Lindsay Lohan or (insert celebrity name here) is a size negative 2. I am doing this because:
- I want to be healthy
- I am an example to all of my students and kids I babysit and I would prefer to be a good example.
- I will someday have kids of my own and before they get here I would like to know a thing or two about hwo to take care of myself so that I can teach them how to take care of themselves.
- The body is a temple and should be treated that way.

So I am embarking on a new journey and I am really excited about it! I will try my best to update more often!

No comments: